Monday, May 28, 2012

Altitude


Very relaxing weekend for me last weekend, how was yours?

Signed up at a gliding club nearby and they got me airborne on the day. I'd forgotten how much fun winch launches are :) The instructor was pretty nice about it - "Yeh, you can definitely fly a plane, you're just a bit rusty". I'll happily take that!

Pretty impressed with the new phone, too. Seems to cope with pretty much anything although I'm not sure I remember the pre-flight briefing from the stewardess mentioning turning off my phone so...

Please note: I was P2 in the aircraft and not in control at the time this photo was taken. Do not try and juggle text messaging with aviation.

Got a couple more ideas for phone apps and some sunburn out of the day. Sometimes you need to get up and away from the grind to really relax.

Good bunch at the gliding club and a far better way to spend a sunday than sitting in front of the TV.