Thursday, September 27, 2012

Google+ Integration 'Upgrade'

I was up for the idea of integrating my blog with my G+ account - I wasn't really using it much and only a few of my friends are active on there.

Generally I find social networking useful for two reasons: keeping in touch with friends in other countries and selling business services.

The problem with this integration is that your Google+ profile replaces your blogger profile, which is ok... but  I've got particular settings and appearances on each which don't flow together. Whilst I'd still rather use Google+ than Facebook - I closed my FB account last year and am unlikely even to create a business page - I just feel that the integration between products could use a little more flexibility.

Good idea overall, just a couple of issues stopping me going ahead with it.

Update 15th August 2014

I've gone with it. The benefits of linking the posts to something like Google+ outweigh any foibles and the plus profile is now a lot more flexible. It's a no brainer.
The only think left to do is find something that automatically links new posts by adding a twitter status. The blog itself has gone from a technically focused R&D exercise to a business and architecturally focused observational process, infused with a sprinkling of scenarios from outside of the business world :)