Tuesday, October 25, 2016

UK Apollo Group (Further Updates)

In an earlier post I talked about some particularly flagrant spammers and data traders, UK Apollo Group a.k.a Taylor CVs, run by Keith Taylor.

After a mix up at the courts I applied for a re-hearing and - what a surprise, the defence failed to attend. Although even if they had I'm not sure it would have made any difference as I barely spoke at all.

The judge asked for 20 minutes for additional reading time, having been passed the case from another judge. After I'd sat down he simply stated the conditions under which a re-trial would be granted and that he was not there to deal with the other submissions. In under five minutes he worked his way through the reasoning for allowing the application - even noting that he was not there to decide the case, even though he deemed the defence as 'flimsy at best'.

The new trial is listed on the 21st November 2016 and I'll provide more updates nearer the time. However in the time between the last post and the application heading the defendant has spammed be yet again.

Not only that but Monster.co.uk have confirmed - after I provided them all the details of the web of companies holding UK Apollo together - that they've spoken directly to the defendant and advised them that what they're doing not only breaches the terms and conditions of their contract with Monster, but is breaking the law.

I'm yet to hear any kind of conciliatory tones from Kieth Taylor, nor do I expect to. Perhaps having a CCJ listed against his company for the next 6 years will adjust his attitude towards stealing personal data for profit.